"Ties & Tennies" is the Rockford Park District Foundation's annual fundraiser. The event includes a wide-range of entertainment and raises money to benefit youth programs in the Rockford Park District, helping to cover admission, program fees, and equipment costs for the youth in our community.
Dress Like Adults, Play Like Kids!
Ties & Tennies refers to the dress code, which suggests a decidedly cool-chic blend of class and athleticism, involving tie/cocktail attire paired with tennis shoes.
March 31, 2017 - Giovanni's Restaurant & Convention Center
"Through a Child's Eyes"
- Interactive Activities: Including Giant Operation Game, Photo Superbooth, Competitive Football Toss
- Silent Auction
- Wine Grab
- Live Fund the Need Auction
- Premiere DJ/Dancing
Thank You to 2017 Sponsors
2016 Event Impact
- Raised more than $93,000 for children in the community to enjoy life in the Rockford Park District
- More than 5,000 youth were provided financial assistance to participate in Rockford Park District youth programs
- 281 kids participated in NFL Flag football
- 429 youth spent the week at summer camp
- 172 kids took part in basketball camp
- 335 youth learned how to swim
- 42 kids attended Saddle Up Camp at Lockwood Park
- 154 youth learned how to ice skate
- 50 kids learned the game of hockey
- 182 children attended after school programs
- And so much more!
With your help, together we will continue to build a stronger, healthier, happier, and safer community!