If you've got a green thumb, we've got the brown plots! Grow your own vegetables and flowers at one of the Rockford Park District's Garden Plot locations. We offer plots at Lockwood Park, Churchill Park, and Johnson Tract. These plots are approximately 20'x30'. Fees for the 2017 garden plots are the same as the 2016 season.
- Resident: $30
- Non-Resident: $45
Garden Plot Important Dates
Below are some key dates and information for the Garden Plot Season:
- Garden Plot renewals: Registration deadline Friday, January 30, 2017.
- Lottery deadline date: Friday, February 24, 2017.
- Garden Plot Lottery drawing begins on Friday, March 3, 2017.
- Payments due for lottery winners on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 @ 5:00pm. If needed, redrawing will occur on Thursday, March 23, 2017.
- Water supply lines will be operational through Sunday, October 8, 2017. After that day, water lines are scheduled to be turned off and drained.
- Please help us with garden plot maintenance this fall. Your removal of all string, staking, fencing, etc., will greatly facilitate our activities. After Sunday, October 22, 2017 any cages, staking, fencing, wire and string will be removed and discarded.
- Garden plots are scheduled to be mowed starting Monday, October 23, 2017.
Weather permitting, we will fertilize and rototill down the garden plots after the fall mowing has taken place.
HOW DO I MAKE A NEW REQUEST FOR A PLOT?
As garden plots are popular there will be a lottery drawing for non-renewed plots on Friday, March 3, 2017.
Requests to enter into the garden plot lottery for these non-renewed plots will be taken Monday, November 21, 2016, through Friday, February 24, 2017.
Entry into the lottery can be completed by one of the following options:
- By phone, or in-person at one of our customer service locations.
- Click here for entry into the garden plot lottery.
Upon entering into the lottery, you will receive a confirmation receipt showing you have been entered into the Garden Plot Lottery for the location you have selected.
NOTE: Only one entry into the lottery is allowed per person, per location.
If your name has been selected through the lottery, you will be notified by phone and mail. You must complete the Garden Plot application with payment within 10 days. If there is not a lottery the plots will be made available on a first-come/first-serve basis.
HOW DO I RENEW MY CURRENT PLOT?
A letter will be sent providing information on renewing your garden plot. You can renew your plot until January 30, 2017 by visiting or sending or sending payment to the Rockford Park District Customer Service office. Following, you will receive a letter, email or phone call confirming your plot reservation.
If you do not renew your plot by January 30, 2017, it will be made available to others through the lottery drawing.
To renew or reserve your plot please or visit our customer service office located at 401 S. Main Street Rockford IL 61107 or 4150 N Perryville Road call 815-987-8800, or call 815-987-8800.